Wonder why your Facebook header and profile image doesn’t fit the space quite right?
Follow the the dimensions below (provided by the Facebook Help Center) and you’ll get the perfect image sizes.
Your Page’s profile picture:
- Displays at 170×170 pixels on your Page on computers, 128×128 pixels on smartphones and 36×36 pixels on most feature phones
- Will be cropped to fit a square
Your Page’s cover photo:
- Displays at 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Doesn’t display on feature phones
- Must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that’s 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
For profile pictures and cover photos with your logo or text, you may get a better result by using a PNG file.
Info found on Facebook’s Help page.