We’ve been using BlueHost for ALL our web hosting and domain registration for several years – since 2006. We’ve been doing web work of various sorts since the mid 1990s, so we’ve tried quite a few web hosts and registrars before settling on a solution that really works for us. Here are 10 reasons why we enthusiastically recommend BlueHost:
- BlueHost offers outstanding service: You can phone their toll-free number any time of day or night (24/7/365) and get friendly, knowledgeable support, technical or otherwise that quickly resolves any questions or issues you might have.
- BlueHost offers outstanding features for webmasters and website owners; they offer an excellent selection of the latest and greatest applications, tools and services.
- BlueHost provides tools such as SimpleScripts, which allows installing dozens of popular tools (such as WordPress) with a single click. They even have great videos that walk you through every step of the way, such as this one:
- BlueHost continually upgrades their servers to use the best possible – fastest, most secure, most reliable technologies to minimize downtime and maximize performance. Here’s a video with more detail about their continuous improvement philosophy, which certainly applies to their technical expertise:
- BlueHost has online chat, email, support tickets and other mechanisms (in addition to 24/7/365 toll-free phone support) to suit anyone’s needs to resolve problems and answer questions quickly and effectively.
- BlueHost also has an extensive help system that can answer most questions with online tutorials and a growing library of tutorial and educational videos. Even if you are starting at the very beginning, they have helpful and informative resources for as far as you want to go. Here’s an example video for beginners:
- BlueHost is well staffed and growing, so it’s rare to be on hold more than a minute or two.
- BlueHost support staff knows their way around WordPress (and so much more!), so if googling for a technical answer doesn’t work, they frequently can offer insights and provide quick answers to questions that might otherwise take much longer to resolve. Starting from the very beginning? No problem, they provide help regardless of your technical expertise or experience. Here’s an example:
- BlueHost obviously treats their employees well, because without exception, they are technically savvy AND friendly, courteous and professional. We’ve phoned support more times than we can count (usually for questions that have nothing to do with their service but are more ‘going the extra mile’ type questions) and they ALWAYS are helpful and exemplify going that extra mile. This video gives more examples of their positive culture:
- BlueHost is successful, growing, and likely to be around a long time. They also have a generous affiliate program; if you click on any of the links on this page, we get a nice affiliate referral if you sign up. We appreciate that! However, like we’ve told countless friends and colleagues, we would recommend BlueHost with 108% enthusiasm even if they didn’t have this great affiliate program.
- We routinely recommend BlueHost to clients wanting to start a new website or those who are ready to re-design an existing website or change their web host and/or registrar.
Does your site already get tons of traffic and/or need to go even further in terms of great performance, service, speed, and scalability? Read our recommendation for that next level of hosting here to go beyond great.